Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Am Getting Old in My Son's Eyes.


















Brendan and his friend, Tyler, were going through a drawer of mine and found a old newspaper that I had bought on January, 17, 1991. If you know anything about history, that was the date that America “officially” went to War, the First Gulf War.

A lover of history, I bought the paper to keep since it was really the first war that I would remember. I thought it would be “cool” to have it one day. I did end up showing it in my history classes, but it has been eight years since I have been a teacher, so I forgot about the paper.

Until last night…. when Brendan saw it and said, “Mommy, is this your paper you bought during the Civil War?”

Dear God, no! Haha! I think I need to teach him a little more history! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

*snort* that's hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my place.

That is a very cute story and makes me feel OLD! lol

LotoFoto said...

LOL!
You gotta love kids!

Cynthia said...

You know, my Mom did that when Kennedy was shot...she still has it. As for your kiddos...too funny!

Mia Celeste said...

Very funny. My kids believe their grandpa fought in the Civil War. I keep telling them, "He's old, but not quite that old." Happy TT!

Slender Octopus said...

HHAHAHAH very funny.